Checkrs
Last night was Game Night over at Kendrick and Lindsey's. Gina and Josh, Theresa and Famoso, and Eric and I all went over. We played a bunch of games, ate some snacks, chatted, all in all had a good time. It was nice to get together with some of the family for a fun evening. Overall the whole weekend was pretty relaxing, not too much homework yet since 3 of my classes haven't even started. I do have homework for 2 of those already, but nothing too strenuous yet. I'll find out soon though how much work they are going to be since I have all 4 of my classes this week!
In addition to starting most of my MAT classes this week, classes for the ESL program at the church where I now work start this week as well, tomorrow in fact. That means things are going to be very busy at work as I figure out what exactly that entails for me. I know the first 2 days there is a lot of registration and figuring out who is supposed to be in what level class, so I am going to be helping with that a lot. I have not really had the opportunity yet to do one of the main things they hired me to do--recruit new volunteers. In fact, I've only had contact with volunteers once so far. I've only worked 3 days, so I guess that isn't too bad, but I hope my other workload decreases enough so that I have time to recruit volunteers!
"Oy! Ten thousand years can give you such a crick in the neck!"
In addition to starting most of my MAT classes this week, classes for the ESL program at the church where I now work start this week as well, tomorrow in fact. That means things are going to be very busy at work as I figure out what exactly that entails for me. I know the first 2 days there is a lot of registration and figuring out who is supposed to be in what level class, so I am going to be helping with that a lot. I have not really had the opportunity yet to do one of the main things they hired me to do--recruit new volunteers. In fact, I've only had contact with volunteers once so far. I've only worked 3 days, so I guess that isn't too bad, but I hope my other workload decreases enough so that I have time to recruit volunteers!
"Oy! Ten thousand years can give you such a crick in the neck!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home