All Grown Up
And buying real adult furniture. Eric and I bought a dining room table this weekend. It's from IKEA, so nothing super high quality, but it's actually really nice, and very reasonable for a table and 4 chairs (picture below). Eric said if we would have bought the same one from a real furniture store it would have cost us close to double what we paid. So I am quite pleased with our adult table, despite the fact that we purchased it from a store we don't really like very much. It's nice to eat off of a real table again, rather than a breakfast bar or a card table. Don't get me wrong, I liked our breakfast bar. But the card table as a dining room table was a little sad, and since we moved into our new place that does not have a breakfast bar, our card table was our only other option. Which also meant that I could not use it for puzzles or scrapbooking, which eliminated puzzles (for scrapbooking I could have used the floor). Plus, we can barely fit 4 people around the card table, and now we can fit 6, although we only have 4 chairs. We don't really have a problem pulling out 2 folding chairs for extra guests, especially since they sortof match our table. Now we can have multiple people over, and are in fact having a 6-person dinner this Thursday with some friends from St. Thomas. Hopefully we'll be able to have family over soon as well.


2 Comments:
At 2:07 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Pretty nice Emily, you and Eric did good!! Aunt gail
At 7:24 AM ,
CAL said...
pretty!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home