And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nothing New

There's really not anything new in my life apart from what I wrote in my last post, but I felt like I should post again so I will try to come up with something to write about. If I was smart or really political I could write about the Republican National Convention starting next week at the Xcel Center. However, I really don't know that much about it so I'm going to pass up that opportunity. I do wish I was more politically inclined--it would definitely help when I went to vote if I was more informed. Not that I'm uninformed--I just think I could always be more informed. It's hard though, because I don't really watch tv so I don't pick up that stuff, and we don't really talk about it in my classes. Plus, everything I pick up from what people say is often peppered with opinions rather than facts, and leaves out important information that would give me a clearer picture. Not to mention life is hectic and it is hard to find free time to learn about everything, and even when I do have time I don't really know where to start. How do you become an informed voter with a tight schedule and little background in the field? Are there any websites or tv stations that are good for learning the important information that you need that are clear and concise and aren't scattered with all that filler and extra opinions and outside interpretation? That would be immensly helpful to someone like me. Isn't it ironic that the wife of a political science major has this trouble? Maybe I should just talk to my husband more.


Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books, Miss Saunders. Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I can, and my children will.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    The 12th doesn't work for me; I have to be in St. Cloud to play a show that night...

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    Sure we can plan on that and figure out specifics when it gets closer! The 26th right?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home