And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Too Bad

Unfortunately I did not receive the scholarship that would have been incredibly helpful. That means I might have to work a little bit more. However, I am not sure how long my (temp) job that was supposed to end last January will last, so I might be looking for a new job soon. I am really disappointed that I didn't get the scholarship, because I thought I was really qualified for it. I submitted very good work, and it is hard to be rejected after putting so much into it.

Eric and I are moving out of our apartment tomorrow, luckily we have a couple people coming to help with that. If anyone wants to come help, we're going to start around 12ish. Well, Eric's dad is coming over a bit earlier to help us load stuff up, but that's when people are meeting to help us. Our new place is pretty great-it's carpeted, which is a nice change, and bigger. It's a 2 bedroom-the main bedroom is smaller than ours is now, but overall it's more space. I thought we had less closet space, at first glance we it looked that way, but I think the ceilings are taller and there are really nice shelves in the closets. They are actually pretty big which will be helpful for storing space. We still get a storage space (actually only 2 doors down from the apartment, which is great) but it's smaller than ours is now. The kitchen is pretty nice-still not a ton of counter space (about the same) but nicer cuboards-bigger, and better doors. Plus we have a full size stove, and a double sink! We're really excited about that. That, and our bathroom-a refinished tub, and a real sink with a really nice vanity. I'm very excited about the place. And we're not paying too much more for it. Adding a whole new bedroom and better quality overall for less than $100 more per month. Again, very excited about it. Not so much about the moving, but hey, at least we have people to help. Hopefully we'll get things unpacked fast too and then we can have more than just 2 people over at a time!

Kendrick and Lindsey got married over the weekend, it was a really good time, very exciting, gorgeous day. Like Gina, it is really great to have Lindsey as part of the family (officially anyway, she already was before the ceremony). Kendrick and Lindsey make a really good couple, they complement each other very well. Congrats guys!

Good Lord! It's a gusher!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the scholarship Em, they definitely should have given it to you!

    I hope moving goes well, and your new apartment sounds really nice. Also, best of luck to you if you have to look for a new job-it's rough right now but I'm sure you'll be able to find something:)

    I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks in New York state, but after I get back we should try to get together. It's been too long!

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Blogger Gina said...

    All I can say is that if they gave it to someone more qualified than you then you should be honored to be in the program with them. They will make an excellent colleague.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Or they'll be a real uppity jerk.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home