And Baby Makes Three

Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Fun

This summer has not been what Eric and I planned. We wanted to go to the beach a lot, relax, not work very much, have fun outside, do summery things. Well, we've worked about as much as we planned, but most of the other stuff has fallen through. We haven't even gone to the beach yet, and it's the end of July. However, that is about to change. Friday is beach day, and anyone who wants to come is invited. I think so far it is us, Kendrick and Lindsey, Coen, and maybe Maria. We're going to Long Lake (yes?) which is by PEI, so Maria can meet us after she gets off work, and it's not a long drive for any of us. I hope I don't burn-I've only spent more than an hour outside this summer twice, and one of those times I burnt pretty bad. Not fun. We finally bought sunscreen though, and actually have a chance to use it! Ironically, I'm pretty sure we'll be at a beach on Saturday, as it is the Gapinski family reunion. I think. I'm not really sure of a lot of things, as you could all probably tell. So if anyone who reads this knows for sure, please confirm.

One thing I am sure about, we are going to be at the beach rain or shine Friday. One of the reasons we haven't been able to spend a lot of time doing summery things is that almost all of the days we had planned to go to the beach or do something outside all day long, it ended up raining. That, or something more important came up. Like moving. Both Eric and I work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, leaving Thursday-Sunday for beach days. Well, I'm pretty sure it has only rained once this summer on a day we have been at work, and almost every single week it has rained on one of the other 4 days. Of course, some days were sunny, but those were the days we didn't really think about it or just wanted to stay in. Well, not this week-we are going to the beach no matter what.

After the beach we are going to the drive-in with Kendrick and Lindsey and Gina and Josh. I am super excited for that! I have never been to a drive-in theater before. Plus, there are 3 movies showing, and Eric and I haven't seen any of them! (Another plan for the summer that fell through a little bit, more due to money issues than time or weather.) I think Dark Knight, Hancock, and Get Smart are the 3 features. I think we are almost the only people who haven't seen Dark Knight yet, besides Gina and Josh. We were going to see Get Smart, and then never did. So to repeat myself, I am super excited! Even though it's already the end of July, we're finally doing summer vacation-y things! Hopefully we can cram more summer in before we have to go back to school-I have 4 night classes this semester, plus working at least part time during the days, so probably not much time for fun once the school year starts.

One last thing-if anyone has any book recommendations, please let me know soon! I have not read nearly as many books as I wanted to this summer. In fact, I don't even think I have read as many as last summer, and I worked more and planned a wedding. Part of the lack of reading is lack of specific books to read, so please, recommendations welcome!

"You can't just walk out of a drive-in."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home