And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Grades, Running, Eric, Work

All of my grades are finally in-I have 3 A's and 1 A-, that one is from the class from hell, so I'm pretty pleased all around with my grades. Go me. Dean's list again. Not to brag or anything...grades don't mean that much to most people anyway, but still, I like to think it's more an indication of work ethic than actual intelligence, but I think you're smart if you actually do your work, so I guess that's a form of intelligence.

I've been running basically every weekday with Erica and Maria, which is good. The first couple of days were really hard but I've gotten back in shape somewhat. We did 5 miles today and it was hard but it felt great. That's the longest run we're doing this week, next week we'll probably do that twice, and eventually we'll get up to 7 and 8 miles one day a week. Our goal is 10 miles mid-August when Erica gets back from Pennsylvania. That will be the most I've ever done in one run before. Wow. Glad it's not til August. After we graduate Erica and I plan to run the Twin Cities marathon, so I guess 10 miles won't seem like that much by that point!

Not seeing Eric 5 times a week is pretty hard, even though we get to talk on the phone every night and it's the second full week of not seeing each other during the week. I know, I shouldn't complain because everybody else has done this and worse, yada yada yada, but let me tell you, it's really hard to go from seeing each other almost every day to being apart almost every day. I already used to live for the weekends during the summer when I worked; now it will probably just be even more so. Speaking of which, I've already worked overtime, which is nice. I need to save so much of my paychecks from this summer, that any overtime will be so nice just to have a couple bucks extra cash. I think I'll be working a lot of overtime because they took on more work this year and there is a lot of random stuff to do, plus we're already behind. I don't mind though, it might mean less time with Eric on Friday nights because I'd have to get up at 4:15 am on Saturdays, but those weeks he might come home during the week so we have more time together. What a boring post. Oh well, I added links so that at least is good!

One last note-I did spend time at the beach and outside this weekend since it was over 90 and we had no air conditioning, so I am doing more than just working, running, missing Eric, and reading the gazillion books I've read so far! I checked out 6 tonight, and when they're done I'm going to read Brothers Karamazov. Go me again. Yay for summertime, sun, and my soon to be tan skin (maybe). Oh, and my cute new swimsuit!

Temperature says 93 down at the Deposit and Guarantee
But that swimmin' hole it's nice and cold



2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    That's awesome, nice job on the grades! As mine show, I have a pretty bad work ethic, and I'm lazy. They don't show that I'm smart, unless I'm the only one who likes to think that.

    Anyway, about Tuesday...if I can switch shifts with someone so I can get off earlier, I'm going to go to Stephen's graduation ceremony. I didn't realize it was that night, sorry. I'll let you know.

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    emily, i have to reschedule anyway. today doesn't work for me-i'll probably call before you read this though!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home