And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back at Home

Another summer at home, and the one I've looked forward to the least out of any summer I can remember. I have to go back to work at PEI, which is basically the worst part of my summer. Almost no good people are coming back (yay for Rachel Haemig who is, that's about it) and the guy who mooned me last summer is unfortunately back. So much for them not hiring back all of the people who suck. People who date the boss's daughter already suck big time, but he isn't even deserving of a job at all. And a lot of new crappy people got hired as well. Including these obnoxious twins who are a year younger than me who everybody thinks are just the greatest thing since sliced bread. And I haven't even started work yet-Theresa was just telling me who was back and who is new. Gee, can't wait to start another crappy summer at a factory with crappy people. To top it off, Eric will be living at St. Thomas this summer and we will only see each other on the weekends. Alan will be living in Wisconsin, and Erica will be in Pennsylvania for most of the summer at a girls summer camp. She will be around for a couple weeks, but not many. Almost all of my friends are going to be gone. Emily Powell, I'm counting on you. Well, at least I'll get plenty of quality time with the fam. Although so far it looks like another summer with lots of fighting, yelling, and dirty-ness. Oh goody.

On another note, I've been back for less than 12 hours and already I am scheduled to babysit tomorrow and Friday, oh wait, every day until next Friday. My parents are going out to DC for Matt's graduation (congrats for him finishing law school) and they leave Friday. I will be the oldest one at home, therefore, I get to play mom for a week for 9 kids. And I have a full time job. Great practice I guess, but still not fun. My family is not fun practice. Any family would be better than my own. I shouldn't say that I guess, at least I know my family. And I have popcorn and movies to bribe them with. And candy. Lots of candy. My responsibilities as a fill-in mother include making them clean the house (grandparents and aunts are going to babysit during the week while Theresa and I are at work and the big kids are at school), taking kids to baseball pictures and practice, softball games, concerts (unfortunately I can't even go to Maria's concert), making sure Clara has a bag lunch for her field trip on Wednesday and the same for Jeph on Friday, getting Clara's class a treat for her birthday, and my favorite, Springfest. I think that and the movie with popcorn on Friday are the only things I'm looking forward to right now.

Is everybody going crazy? Is anybody gonna save me?

3 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    Wooohooooo, sounds like fun Em..... give me a call sometime when you're free, I'm working way more than is good for me but we'll be able to work something out--we haven't hung out for so long, it'll be great! :) hang in there!

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Thanks for the shout out. And it'll be good to be home for the summer. I understand the whole "fear/dislike for the stress and yelling and mess" thing, but that's just something you've gotta try to overlook, or deal with in your own small way. I'm not really sure how, but you've just gotta do all you can, and sometimes just let things go. It's hard, but it's a valuable skill.

     
  • At 2:12 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    hahaha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home