Ouch
Tuesday morning I woke up and got my first pregnancy leg cramp. The cramp went away but I have had muscle pain since then, so I called the clinic and guess what they told me? Go to the emergency room, it could end up being a blood clot. So Eric and I spent an hour at the hospital tonight getting it checked out. More like, 10 minutes walking through the hospital to the emergency room, where they promptly sent us to labor and delivery to see the nurses there, who then had me lay down and monitored the baby's heart for almost 1/2 an hour before the midwife came in to check my leg. Which of course took about 2 minutes before she told me it definitely wasn't a blood clot, I was fine, it's just some residual muscle pain that should go away, and here are some things to do to avoid leg cramps and to deal with them when they happen again, which they most likely will since I'm pregnant and that's what happens when you're pregnant. Which is what I originally thought, but since I've never been pregnant before and the pain lasted so long and all the stuff I found online said to call if pain persists, so that's what I did. At least we were only there for an hour, it could have been much worse. To top it all off, we had to pay for parking, and they wouldn't take a credit card so we had to write a check. I'm not kidding. A parking ramp that doesn't take credit cards. At the very least, we were able to see the hospital where I will most likely be giving birth, and we got some information from the birth center, so one positive thing came out of our trip to the hospital tonight!


2 Comments:
At 4:33 AM ,
Gina said...
I got muscle cramps every night practically. when you get them point and flex your toes, it helps them go away quicker.
At 7:32 PM ,
KD said...
ugh. I forgot about those. Not fun...
None of the parking ramps in Duluth take credit cards either.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home