And Baby Makes Three

Friday, June 05, 2009

5 Miles

I went for my longest run yet in my marathon training. 5 whole miles. That might seem long to some people, and it felt long, but in a month that will be a short run. Unbelievable. Anyway, it went really well, it was hard and long, but it felt really good. I've also been doing sit-ups and push-ups (250 and 20, respectively) and next week I will increase those to 300 and 25. I hate push-ups though, and I don't think I do that good of a job with them. What I'd really like to do is get weights. It's a hassle to go to St. Thomas just to do weights. It would be great if I could get some 5, 8, and 10 pound weights to use 2-3 times a week. That would really help. There's this weight set that I've seen at Target in the past that I might save up for. Unfortunately if it takes me more than a few weeks to save up for it it's hardly going to be worth it to get, but it would still be great to have as part of my training.

Overall, my training has been going really well. I've ran a total of 12 miles, which actually isn't very much, but I also biked 5 and tomorrow I will run another 5 or 6. So my total mileage for the week will be around 22. Not too bad for only my 2nd week of training!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Go to Second Wind for weights, if they're still around. They're super cheap there. That was where I bought all my weights when I was in Minnesota.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home