End of the Year
I finished my last paper today and will be emailing it to my professor tomorrow (just to make sure it's perfect, well, good enough anyway). I'm so excited to be done, even though I still have graduation on Sunday. It is just so nice not to have homework anymore! I also don't have anything detailed to write about, so I'll just give a couple of quick updates.
Everyone knows about what happened to my dad, and I am so happy they caught the people who did it. It was a hard couple of days for my family, but we all came together and took care of each other and my dad. He's healing ok and hopefully he will be ok.
Graduation is on Sunday-I'm excited to be done, but not so much to go through the whole process. I don't know why, but I'm just not excited for commencement. Maybe it's because I have to be there at 8:15 and I won't be leaving there until after 4. The hooding ceremony and masses are at 9 and 11, and the 11 was full by the time I signed up so I'm going to the 9:00 one, which means being there at 9:15. Then there is a continental breakfast, and at 1:30 I have to be back in the chapel to line up for graduation. Commencement starts at 2 and apparantly will last at least 2 hours. Then I'm sure there will be pictures with parents and friends and whatnot afterwards, that will take awhile. On the plus side, Eric and me and our parents are all going out for dinner afterwards which will be a nice way to celebrate. And even though I have to get up super early, I'm glad I'm going to the 9:00 mass because the way the timetable works, those who are going to the 11:00 one won't get more than 15 minutes of continental breakfast. Poor planning to me, but whatever.
To celebrate my graduation even more, Eric and I are spending a night at Turtle Lake casino-they not only have slots and blackjack, but also craps and roulette. We're excited. And if we run out of money too fast, we got a jacuzzi room.
Tomorrow I have my interview to complete the application process for grad school. It's about time-the lady I talked to took forever contacting me, and I had to make the effort more than once to call her and figure things out. Apparantly there are 3 staff members I interview with, and I think one might be a priest (but that might be an unfounded assumption). I'm nervous, but my application is strong and I love theology, so I feel confident. Nervous, but confident. Seems contradictory. I will write again either when I know how I did or when I get it.
That's what's big in my life right now. Soon I will be a college graduate, but hopefully still a student!
Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.
Everyone knows about what happened to my dad, and I am so happy they caught the people who did it. It was a hard couple of days for my family, but we all came together and took care of each other and my dad. He's healing ok and hopefully he will be ok.
Graduation is on Sunday-I'm excited to be done, but not so much to go through the whole process. I don't know why, but I'm just not excited for commencement. Maybe it's because I have to be there at 8:15 and I won't be leaving there until after 4. The hooding ceremony and masses are at 9 and 11, and the 11 was full by the time I signed up so I'm going to the 9:00 one, which means being there at 9:15. Then there is a continental breakfast, and at 1:30 I have to be back in the chapel to line up for graduation. Commencement starts at 2 and apparantly will last at least 2 hours. Then I'm sure there will be pictures with parents and friends and whatnot afterwards, that will take awhile. On the plus side, Eric and me and our parents are all going out for dinner afterwards which will be a nice way to celebrate. And even though I have to get up super early, I'm glad I'm going to the 9:00 mass because the way the timetable works, those who are going to the 11:00 one won't get more than 15 minutes of continental breakfast. Poor planning to me, but whatever.
To celebrate my graduation even more, Eric and I are spending a night at Turtle Lake casino-they not only have slots and blackjack, but also craps and roulette. We're excited. And if we run out of money too fast, we got a jacuzzi room.
Tomorrow I have my interview to complete the application process for grad school. It's about time-the lady I talked to took forever contacting me, and I had to make the effort more than once to call her and figure things out. Apparantly there are 3 staff members I interview with, and I think one might be a priest (but that might be an unfounded assumption). I'm nervous, but my application is strong and I love theology, so I feel confident. Nervous, but confident. Seems contradictory. I will write again either when I know how I did or when I get it.
That's what's big in my life right now. Soon I will be a college graduate, but hopefully still a student!
Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.


2 Comments:
At 7:52 PM ,
Emily Powell said...
Congratulations on graduating [soon]!! And good luck at your interview!
At 9:39 AM ,
Katie said...
Emily, I didn't know that was your dad on the news, I'm so sorry to hear that. There are some awful people in the world, I'm glad they got caught. I'm glad your dad is doing well and my prayers are with your family for his continued healing!
And congrats on graduating, I'm sure you're super stoked!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home