Time Out
It seems to me that people, at least those people who have blogs that I read, so mostly people in my immediate family, are posting a lot less frequently. I don't know what it is, but this seems to be the year of lack of time for the Novak clan. Between school and marriage and work, I don't really have a lot of time, or energy. Energy is the big one, because there are times (to which Eric and some others who I complain to can attest) when I'm bored out of my mind and I don't want to play cribbage or scrabble for the six hundreth time, or watch that movie that will put me at a million and two movies watched in the past month. But I hardly seem to have the energy when I finally catch a break from life so that all I really can seem to do is play stupid computer games or play that game of scrabble or watch yet another movie. By the way, I've seen some pretty interesting ones, and some pretty bad ones. And it seems like when I do have energy, I'm too busy doing something "important" to be able to enjoy it. Still, most of my classes are great, my senior honors project is going well, although I still haven't turned in that IRB application...hopefully Thursday if I can get my advisor to sign it tomorrow...and my job is great, if not a tad boring itself. Seriously, it doesn't take much to scan paper into a computer over and over again. And it takes barely more than that to find the right label for it and index it. But it's a good job, at a good company, pays well, and I work with cool people, so hopefully it will last me until the end of the year (right now I'm only guaranteed until December 28th)!
Anyway, back to the point of the blog (wait, there wasn't really a point I just fel bad about not posting in awhile)-I've noticed that not a lot of people have been updating their blogs that often, and I completely understand, yet at the same time am disappointed. I like reading people's blogs, and for me it's an easy way, and sometimes the only way, to catch up on what's going on in everybody's lives. So I hope people start posting more, if only for me. Either that, or send me emails or call me so I have something to take up my time somehow...not that I have that much of it anyway!
You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.
Anyway, back to the point of the blog (wait, there wasn't really a point I just fel bad about not posting in awhile)-I've noticed that not a lot of people have been updating their blogs that often, and I completely understand, yet at the same time am disappointed. I like reading people's blogs, and for me it's an easy way, and sometimes the only way, to catch up on what's going on in everybody's lives. So I hope people start posting more, if only for me. Either that, or send me emails or call me so I have something to take up my time somehow...not that I have that much of it anyway!
You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.


3 Comments:
At 1:21 PM ,
Katie said...
If you check out my latest blog--I'm the opposite of this! I'm crazy busy looking forward to a drastic halt in activity on December 20 (graduation). But I don't know what is worse--being bored like that or too busy like me. We all find ways to fill our time, I guess. Have you thought of crafting? I know that sounds cheesy, but especially in summer with no school work and only one job, I found crafting filled my extra time well. I taught myself how to make jewelry. JoAnn stores have great ideas for stuff like that. Now I make earrings for Christmas presents! I'm such a geek!
At 5:54 PM ,
Matthew B. Novak said...
That quote has to be from Groundhog's Day.
At 7:53 PM ,
empeterson said...
Of course it is Matt.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home