What is....
Your all-time favorite movie? And, your favorite movie in the following categories:
Drama
Comedy
Action/Adventure
Romance (or Romantic Comedy)
Horror
Animated
Based on a book
With Tom Hanks
Older than 1965
Here's my list-
If I was forced to pick an all time favorite or be killed, I'd guess I'd probably say Say Anything. However, I have many others that come really close. Hmm. Maybe actually Garden State. One of those two. So, the rest:
Drama-either A Beautiful Mind or Gaslight
Comedy-Better Off Dead
Action/Adventure-probably the Lord of the Rings movies
Romance/Romantic Comedy-Say Anything, Return to Me
Horror-I hate horror. Nothing.
Animated-Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, or the Shrek movies. Or Mulan. I really love animated movies.
Based on a Book-most based on a book aren't that great, or I've never read the book. One that I know is based on a book that I really liked (but never read the book) is Holes. Otherwise, Pride and Prejudice (the one with Kiera Knightly)-it rocks.
With Tom Hanks-not unexpectedly, Forrest Gump. He just does such a great job, and the movie itself is unbelievably good.
Older than 1965-It's a Wonderful Life, or Gaslight.
So, I know I said about 50 movies for about 8 categories, but it's hard to choose. I love movies. Please, do a better job than me and try to only pick one for each.
My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis.
Drama
Comedy
Action/Adventure
Romance (or Romantic Comedy)
Horror
Animated
Based on a book
With Tom Hanks
Older than 1965
Here's my list-
If I was forced to pick an all time favorite or be killed, I'd guess I'd probably say Say Anything. However, I have many others that come really close. Hmm. Maybe actually Garden State. One of those two. So, the rest:
Drama-either A Beautiful Mind or Gaslight
Comedy-Better Off Dead
Action/Adventure-probably the Lord of the Rings movies
Romance/Romantic Comedy-Say Anything, Return to Me
Horror-I hate horror. Nothing.
Animated-Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, or the Shrek movies. Or Mulan. I really love animated movies.
Based on a Book-most based on a book aren't that great, or I've never read the book. One that I know is based on a book that I really liked (but never read the book) is Holes. Otherwise, Pride and Prejudice (the one with Kiera Knightly)-it rocks.
With Tom Hanks-not unexpectedly, Forrest Gump. He just does such a great job, and the movie itself is unbelievably good.
Older than 1965-It's a Wonderful Life, or Gaslight.
So, I know I said about 50 movies for about 8 categories, but it's hard to choose. I love movies. Please, do a better job than me and try to only pick one for each.
My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis.


5 Comments:
At 1:12 AM ,
Matthew B. Novak said...
Drama: The Godfather
Comedy: Kicking and Screaming (not the Will Ferrell one). Also, see my animated movie.
Action/Adventure: Rocky. This could also go as 2nd place in Drama.
Romance: Love Actually
Horror: Probably Dawn of the Dead.
Animated: Southpark: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
Based on a book: Well, I guess The Godfather, but since I already have that I'll say Field of Dreams.
With Tom Hanks: Forrest Gump or Castaway
Older than 1965: Sound of Music came out in 1965, so I won't count it, but that's close. Otherwise probably Goldfinger.
All-time Favorite: Obviously The Godfather.
At 7:18 AM ,
empeterson said...
you know, i've never even seen the Godfather, but I have never heard anything bad about it. In fact, everything I've heard has proclaimed it as one of the best movies of all time. Now that Eric and I have netflix, it's probably about time to get it.
At 9:46 AM ,
Matthew B. Novak said...
Heck, you should just go out and buy it. The second one too. You'll want to own them after seeing them. I still haven't seen the third one, but I've been meaning to.
At 9:52 PM ,
Alan said...
don't bother with the third one, its terrible
At 8:20 PM ,
Unknown said...
how could you do that to me??? i could never pick a favorite movie... or a favorite movie for any single category... you are an awful person....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home