And Baby Makes Three

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bored

This rarely happens. I'm sitting at home, on a school night, and I'm bored. I've already watched a movie, done some homework, avoided some homework, played computer games, and just basically relaxed. I could be doing homework but it would all be working ahead, so I don't really need to. It's nice to have a night off, but Eric is at work so I'm all alone, which means now that I've exhausted all the things I could do by myself, I'm pretty bored. I've hardly seen Eric all week anyway-either one of us has been at work, or one or both of us has been in class, so we've been so busy and mostly away from each other all week. So while it's nice to have some time to myself, it's sad that I can't spend it with Eric.

School has been going well, I'm doing amazing in all of my classes, which, while good grades are not anything new for me, is really great because some of my papers and tests have gotten perfects, so that's really awesome and I'm really proud of myself, especially with the amount of work I've been doing this semester, and most of it outside of my classes on my senior honors project. Which I feel like I'm falling behind on, oddly enough, since it's all on my own time. But I need to turn in my IRB application, and I'm basically ready, I just have to have my committee members review my survey because once I turn it in to the IRB, that's what I'm using. Plus, I still have a book to get through for my research, so while I'm technically done with all the research I have to do (since my survey is built off of my research) I still need to get this done because it will be helpful for the actual explanatory/descriptive part of my paper. It's a book on JP II's theology of the body, actually by one of the foremost experts in that area, so it's cool. Let's see if anybody can guess who it is. I also have had my project discussed with another famous Catholic theologian who I'm using in my work, Janet Smith; one of my advisors knows her and she was in town the other day, so they talked about my project and apparantly she was really excited about it. Her work is really helpful though, and I'm hopefully going to be getting a tape of a talk or something that she put out on contraception too.

Other than school, and my new job that I can't really talk about because almost everything I do is confidential in some way (well, I scan and index personnel files, so that's my job but I can't talk about the files at all), nothing is really interesting with me. Married life is good, except for the parts where we're having a hard time figuring out when to spend time together. We're not a very exciting couple, and we haven't really been seeing any friends or family lately which makes me sad. Except we did have my friend Megan come over for dinner last week, but other than that I feel like we're big losers. So, if you want to come over, let me know and I will tell you how to get here and when to come over. We'll even cook for you-I made beef stroganoff for Megan and it turned out great! We are going home this weekend though, so it will be nice to see a lot of the family.

That about wraps up my life at the moment. Oh wait, one other thing. Don't upgrade Windows MediaPlayer if you're used to the old one, because it screws up all your playlists and when you search by artists it separates it by album, which is confusing because then you can't just play an artist, you have to play a specific album, so if you only have 2 songs from that album, you have to switch. Or make a playlist just for that artist. I think. I haven't quite figured it out but I'm ticked that I had to upgrade. Stupid computer. I just want it back to how it was before.

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    I'm going to guess that the theologian is Walter Schu.

    The movie quote... is that from Hitchiker's Guide?

    Which version of Media Player do you have? Generally if you fiddle with the settings you can get it to sort by only the things you want. I like sorting by artist alone. It probably has a secondary sort function that you need to turn of/adjust to alphabetical by song. But I agree, Media Player's newer versions have been less ideal for their song-sorting capabilities. But I still refuse to use iTunes.

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    Me too. I will not make that switch. And the theologian you guessed is wrong. but the quote is right.

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger Gina said...

    If you are ever bored again you can always come over and hang out...

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    yeah, i'm sure you want me over after 9.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home