Two posts in one night
The only reason I am posting twice in a night is because I really have nothing else to do. Except research for my final paper (I have 3 huge books on German and American propaganda, as well as web articles) but why would I do that?
I recently saw on the news that the Twins have a proposal for a new stadium again, one that is a lot more likely to get through then the one with the retractable roof or whatever its called. Unfortunately this one would not have a top, which would definitely suck during the early season since it's usually COLD in Minnesota up until May, in case people haven't noticed! It would be kind of cool though, and if other teams in other states can have their own stadiums, why shouldn't the Twins? That's one perspective. The other is why waste so much money on sports when it could be put to better use in other things? And why waste so much land space, that I believe is going to come from parking, in fact I think the parking lot where my family parks when we work at the Target Center is going to be the new stadium ground. However, to dispute the money argument, the state would pay nothing-the Twins would pay $125 million, and the rest would come from a small increase of sales tax in Hennepin County. I still am not sure whether or not I truly favor a new stadium...why can't they have a top on it?
One other thing that I would like to comment on is my friend's radio show. His name is Ryan and he goes to Northwestern in Roseville, which is, in my opinion, notoriously conservative (which is not the point of this but oh well). They have their own radio station, and he has a "talk show" of sorts on Sundays at 11 and Mondays at 9, and I have recently decided I would listen to it. It's actually somewhat funny, especially if you know Ryan. If anybody really honestly wants to try to listen to it, you have to listen online, and it's at www.wvoe.fm, and like I said, it can be somewhat funny. If you know Ryan at all.
Well, since I really can't think of anything else to talk about, I'm done for the night. Please feel free to comment on anything I have written, most notably (at least the one I think will get the most responses) the Twins stadium.
I recently saw on the news that the Twins have a proposal for a new stadium again, one that is a lot more likely to get through then the one with the retractable roof or whatever its called. Unfortunately this one would not have a top, which would definitely suck during the early season since it's usually COLD in Minnesota up until May, in case people haven't noticed! It would be kind of cool though, and if other teams in other states can have their own stadiums, why shouldn't the Twins? That's one perspective. The other is why waste so much money on sports when it could be put to better use in other things? And why waste so much land space, that I believe is going to come from parking, in fact I think the parking lot where my family parks when we work at the Target Center is going to be the new stadium ground. However, to dispute the money argument, the state would pay nothing-the Twins would pay $125 million, and the rest would come from a small increase of sales tax in Hennepin County. I still am not sure whether or not I truly favor a new stadium...why can't they have a top on it?
One other thing that I would like to comment on is my friend's radio show. His name is Ryan and he goes to Northwestern in Roseville, which is, in my opinion, notoriously conservative (which is not the point of this but oh well). They have their own radio station, and he has a "talk show" of sorts on Sundays at 11 and Mondays at 9, and I have recently decided I would listen to it. It's actually somewhat funny, especially if you know Ryan. If anybody really honestly wants to try to listen to it, you have to listen online, and it's at www.wvoe.fm, and like I said, it can be somewhat funny. If you know Ryan at all.
Well, since I really can't think of anything else to talk about, I'm done for the night. Please feel free to comment on anything I have written, most notably (at least the one I think will get the most responses) the Twins stadium.


1 Comments:
At 12:10 PM ,
Emily Powell said...
Yeah, I don't really know what I think about the stadium either. It would take a lot of money, space, etc. But then again, it's always exciting having new stuff...I guess I probably wouldn't complain if it all went through.
And Ryan's radio show...man, that can be pretty darn funny. It was great when Brian (whom you probably wouldn't know) was on there too, but I'm pretty sure he isn't anymore. Or maybe he is--I don't remember. I haven't listened in a while, because I either forget, or I'm busy, or I can't get it to work. But yeah.
So there's a comment for ya! Yay for school being almost over!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home