Cardinal Ratzinger...and Confirmation
We (being the Catholic church) now have a new pope. Cardinal Ratzinger, from Germany if the name didn't give it away, was elected earlier today to be the new head of the church. A lot of people probably aren't going to be happy with this because he is very morally, and as my mom says, liturgically, conservative, but hey, we have a new pope! Yay! It's exciting at the very least. Besides, with all the predictions and grumblings, does anybody really even know what he's going to do? I love how my Catholic and non-Catholic friends alike here at school who don't necessarily follow all the church teachings or have degrees in theology or even know that much about it (not that that's required to be a good Christian or anything) argue so vehemently about their point of views and how he is going to be a horrible pope. I don't really know much about him except he's conservative, but who really knows what he'll do. I do not think we're all going to hell in a handbasket just because he's conservative. We'll see what happens. On the other hand, I do not have to take the bus to Epiphany's confirmation tonight. My parents are going to pick me up. That's a relief-I don't have any money for the bus anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home