What a Day
My day today sucks. Now, I know compared to some people (poor starving kids in Haiti, unborn babies whose moms are going to kill them, my family) I don't have it so bad, but seriously, I hate today. I'm not traditionally a big believer in the whole "mondays suck"(I mean come on, how can a specific day suck?) but the past few mondays have just been awful. It seems that no matter how much homework I do on the weekends, it just piles on exponentially the next monday. To make matters worse, I have my first precalc test this Friday. Now, most of the material is not hard at all, but the stuff that is is due to the fact that he doesn't teach us anything. In fact, we don't even discuss what the chapters are about until the day the assignment is due when we asks if we have questions on it. Then he goes off onto tangents about completing the square when that was last chapter and we're on imaginary numbers. What is that about? He also has this thing about independent learning. Now, I know I'm in college, and my teachers aren't going to hand anything to me on a silver platter. But on the other hand, I'm paying $650 per credit, so they better teach me something. But no, this guy says "ask questions, remember to ask questions, that's what math is about" So we ask questions and get no answers. What good is a question with no answer? Especially in math? This guy is seriously an idiot. Now, I'm not normally a mean person and I don't hate people, but I hate this class and I view my professor with nothing but disdain. He is a horrible teacher and it just makes a class that I already hate worse when I have to figure everything out by myself. I'm just not good at learning math from a book. So when all he does in class is basically tell us we're idiots because we don't simplify something exactly right or he takes 20 minutes to go over one problem without actually coming to a conclusion or some sort of answer, it ticks me off to no end. That's why I just spent the last few minutes of my life writing a post about it that people may or may not read and may or may not care about. I'm just that mad.


8 Comments:
At 9:36 PM ,
CAL said...
Note to Emily when registering for your next math class: Woman Prof.
At 12:10 AM ,
Alan said...
or better yet, don't take math at all
At 7:18 AM ,
Emily Powell said...
My math prof last semester was a woman. She was a horrible teacher. Now the guy one I have isn't much better. I don't think I'm taking any more math after this though.....Theology/Music major here I come!!!!!!!
At 7:40 AM ,
empeterson said...
i'm not taking any more math!
At 8:31 AM ,
Matthew B. Novak said...
Emmie Rose - who's your guy math professor? Is it Dr. D? Because I had him. And oh yeah, we Novaks are related to him.
At 8:50 AM ,
Kendrick Novak said...
Math is soooooo easy. I got A's in both high school and college calculus and I am looking to ace my stats class. Maybe it isn't the teacher but rather the pupil.
At 9:16 PM ,
empeterson said...
shut up kendrick. i'm still getting an A in that class, but the prof still sucks.
At 10:32 AM ,
Emily Powell said...
Matt-It's Dr. T (Tangredi). And last semester I had Dr. Galovich.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home