And Baby Makes Three

Thursday, February 03, 2005

48 hours

In almost exactly 48 hours, my only big sister and one of my best friends is getting married. And I, being one of her best friends as well as the coolest sister in the world, am her maid of honor. This has resulted in me carrying out various duties such as calling every hair place in the world to determine cost of hair dos among other things, and while I may have complained occasionally I really have not minded that much. Now, I have to say, this is going to be such a change not only in Gina's life but in the lives of the rest of us, especially me. When I was a freshman in high school Gina was a senior, and so she had a locker on the 3rd floor while I was stuck on the first floor in the boondocks (for those of you who don't know, that would be by the shop classes, except even more hidden). Now Gina, being awesome like she is, shared a locker with me. How cool is that? Very. Then she went to college, which was a huge change but not too horrible since she came home and I got to see her a lot. Now however, she is going to be sharing her life not with our family but with Josh, her new family. It is going to be very different. Also, as Matt made note of in his blog, she is the first person in our family to get married. This makes it even bigger and a lot weirder than when cousins or anybody else gets married, for some reason that I can't put my finger on. It's hard to describe, but it's just weird. As much as we have been planning for this day, as prepared as we from all of the work we have done and from all the weddings I have gone to, I feel like Saturday itself is a surreal experience just waiting to happen, and when it does I hope it goes well and feels normal, or at least real. And I really hope I don't trip.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM , Blogger Eric Michael Peterson said...

    you never told me that you shared a locker with gina your freshman year.... geez, i though i knew you...... and what do you mean a cold sore thing?

    your loving boyfriend.... eric

     
  • At 12:20 AM , Blogger Alan said...

    uh oh... herpes...

     
  • At 12:22 AM , Blogger Eric Michael Peterson said...

    .

     
  • At 12:40 AM , Blogger Manda said...

    weddings, oh man, my best girlfriend is on the verge of being proposed to and yea, I'm scared. Not like I know what the h* I'm suposed to be doing but hey, that's what books are for, lol. Yea, I'm a dork.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home