And Baby Makes Three

Monday, February 14, 2005

hmmm...

It seems to me that nearly everybody besides myself, for the most part, gets comments on their blogs. Matt especially. And all he does is post a poem about 10 lines long. Maybe I should consider that. Or recipes. Ooh, I got a good recipe. It's from Fr. Kennedy for toast.
Ingredients: 1 slice bread
Put in toaster. Take out of toaster when it pops up. Enjoy.

So it's not exactly rocket science, but hey, who cares? And hey, I wrote a poem for my sister's wedding which was way better than Matt's. I think I'll post that too.
There once was a girl named Gina,
Who looked like a pretty ballerina
She went north for school
And found it very cool
That pretty young girl named Gina

There once was a boy named Josh
Whose personality was very posh
He too lived in Duluth
You don’t have to be a sleuth
To know Gina fell in love with Josh

At cross country Josh and Gina met
Our mom liked him at first (wanna bet?)
But now we’re all cool
With that insane fool
Who is part of our family without debt.

A year and a half has passed
Since the big question Josh has asked
We all knew on that night
But everything was alright
When Gina found that out she gasped.

Now today is their wedding day
We’re celebrating the good old way
With a ceremony and dance
This is my only chance
To get this toast out of the way

So let’s lift our glasses to Gina and Josh
Be very careful not to slosh
On this very happy day
Smile and everybody say
Congratulations Gina and Josh

I was very excited about it, and most of the people reading this probably heard it, but oh well. Matt posts stuff that he says other people have seen before, so why can't I? Anyway, I guess I don't have anything exciting to post, so I have to copy other people. I guess I don't really care though. I have to go to work now-how awful is that, they're making us call alumnae to ask them for money on Valentine's Day! Now, I know if may be a sad excuse for love and romance and all of that, but a lot of people use it to make the day special, a chance to actually have a romantic evening away from the kids or away from work and the outside world or whatever, and I have to go interrupt it so I can make a measly 7.20 an hour. Or something like that.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    Hey Em. Here's a comment for you. It's the same way on my journal, everyone else I know gets comments but I don't. Oh well. I hope your week goes well. I'll probably call you Thursday/Friday or so and maybe I'll stop by cuz I'll be around down there. But I don't know how to get to your school. Or when you're free. So that's why I'll call. Anyway, have a good night, and happy valentine's day, and happy early birthday, and hopefully I'll see you soon.

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    no one ever comments on mine
    and i get sad
    so i'll comment on yours

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home