And Baby Makes Three

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ukraine

Yesterday was my j-term orientation for my trip to Ukraine. I got all of my travel information, met my professors and my group, and just basically received answers to all my questions, and some that I wouldn't really have even thought of but that are good to know. I leave at 6pm on January 1st, with only one layover in Amsterdam before flying to Kiev, where I will be staying in a as of yet unpronouncable hotel. Right now my biggest concerns about going are not speaking the language or even being able to decipher half of the letters (something I need to figure out before I leave!), appropriate outfits for my time (jeans are ok for class but nicer clothes are more acceptable for most of the things that we do, too bad I don't have flat, closed-toe black shoes!), and actually taking a class that is only about 3 weeks long! We have to write a 12-20 page paper during that time, and we have a final oral exam on the last day. Luckily, class is only in the mornings and we have most afternoons and evenings free to study or do cultural things. Hopefully I will actually use some of that time to study and not just do other things. I'm getting very excited to go even though I don't leave for a month and a half, but I think it's going to be a great time and I can't wait to go!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home