And Baby Makes Three

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mono

My post isn't really about mono, except for the fact that Eric has mono, and I'm not sick at all. Of course, everybody had plenty of jokes about that. Ah well, I'm probably just lucky and blessed with a good immune system. I probably got it from somebody, such as my roommate Rachel who had it for awhile and doesn't know if she is still contagious but might be, or someone on my cross country team since we occassionally share water, which we're technically not supposed to do just for that reason, but however I got it (if I indeed got it) I did not get sick and passed it on to Eric instead! That sucks for him, but I really hope I don't get sick in the case that he got it from somebody else altogether and I'm just next in the line to get it!
So, my post is apparently more about mono than I thought it would be. I guess, despite how busy I have been lately, I have very few post-worthy things to write about. That's how you all got stuck with the mono post. Suckers.
As I said, I've been very busy lately. This past weekend I did almost no homework at all and instead had a great time doing things with Eric and the cross country team. Saturday we had a race at LaCrosse (which nobody came to) and I finally broke 30 minutes in the 6K-in fact, I got 29:45, a feat that I am very proud of. Then on Sunday we had our team screw. That's pretty much when the team goes out on a huge group date, so everybody has to bring a date, and if you can't find one you get set up with somebody. Unfortunately, there were 3 girls without dates because the people in charge of finding dates didn't find anybody. Everybody still had a good time I think. Eric helped me find a date for my friend Sigrid (who is nice enough to help out with the jr. high lockin again this year whether or not I will be able to, isn't that nice?). He got his friend Dan, who is a very big guy at 6'6", and he for some reason or other because he is such a nice guy even paid for Sigrid, which none of us were expecting. We all went to Olive Garden and then bowling, and it was a great time. That's pretty much what I did with my weekend, instead of doing homework. Not necessarily exciting, but a good time.
I also finally copied my forms and passport photo page for my study abroad j-term program, so once I turn those in tomorrow I am pretty much set to go! November 19th is the big orientation/group meeting where I get my itinerary and all the little details for my trip. It's only about 2 1/2 months away, and I am incredibly excited already! And very very nervous, having never been on a plane before!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger Gina said...

    if you'd ever call or visit I could get you your money that I owe you. I believe I left an IM for you the other day, that I was hoping for a respons to....Pick up the stinkin phone. Josh and I are going grocery shoppign tonight, maybe we can stop by when we are out and about.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home