Oh crap, I mean, Scheisse, or whatever
I decided awhile ago that I wanted to take some German classes at St. Thomas (they don't offer German at St. Kate's), so when I talked to my theology advisor a few weeks ago he got me some information about the program and yada yada, so I had to make an appointment to take a placement test so I know what German I should be in. Everybody thinks I'll test into a 300-level course, even though I haven't spoken German in 2 years now. Even with 4 years of high school German, this is quite some time, and I am very rusty to say the least. When I went home this weekend, I searched, to no avail, for my past German notebooks and verb/vocabulary sheets. Then today, I made my my appointment time. For tomorrow. At 10 am. Almost right after my 6:30 am pool practice. I'm trying to remember as much German as I can. It's not going very well. I better at least test out of Beginning German, or I'll be mad. I can't even remember what the word for building is though. Or floor. Or ceiling. Hope I don't need to know any of those! At least I remember the basic rules, the prepositions, and a few vocabulary words and verbs. At least, I hope. Hope=hoffen? Hey, I got another one! Oh yeah, I remember the alphabet and numbers too!


3 Comments:
At 11:35 PM ,
Anonymous said...
You may find this site helpful. I use it whenever I need a pseudo-translation. Words work fairly well, as long as they don't have multiple meanings. If they do, you may need to put them in a context. Same goes for the tense of words. Grammar is not perfect, to say the least. For an example of that, translate a simple sentence to some other language and back. Good luck on the test.
Greg
At 6:52 PM ,
Matthew B. Novak said...
First of all, I don't tell you to blog because you do it fairly regularly, and have for quite a while. Theresa is less consistent and I'm trying to get her to make it part of her college lifestyle.
Second of all. I don't know. That's all I had.
At 7:52 PM ,
Anonymous said...
good luck
apparently now we are not coming to watch you.
talk to gina about it not me
i was sad.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home