And Baby Makes Three

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Crappy Thanksgiving

That's right, I don't think it's going to be a happy Thanksgiving, I think it's going to be a crappy Thanksgiving. To start with, this is my first time not having a holiday with my family in my entire life, and I have to meet Eric's extended family as well. So I don't get all of my fun traditions that normally come with holidays such as this, and I have to make sure I act normal and nice and make polite conversation and meet a bunch of new people who I'll probably only see once before I even get married. How fun is that going to be-a day of meeting people I don't know and making awkward polite conversation, instead of having a fabulous time hanging out with my family and enjoying the day, joking around and being loud and normal with people that I know and love. Also, I had no idea we were having a ton of people at the Novak house this Thanksgiving, I thought it would be relatively small, but I've heard that we're having anywhere from 40-60 people, although I don't know how accurate that number is. Still, I would like to see some of my relatives that I haven't seen since the last wedding this past July. And to top it all off, Gina thinks that mom might be mad that I'm not going to be home. When is it ok not to be home for the holidays? It's not that I don't want to be home, obviously I would love to be home, I just have responsibilities that come with a long term relationship that include me missing holidays at home. I hate responsibilites. I hate Thanksgiving. I hate that I normally love holidays, but I am not looking forward to any of them anymore. Crappy Thanksgiving to you too.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They aren't too bad. Are you for some reason not able to go to both? I know when I've gone to Peterson family events, they have been close enough in town that I could go to my family's stuff, also. It might be a little weird, but it isn't anything to worry about excessively.

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Gina said...

    first of all, make sure you have a good thanksgiving. I remember my first thanksgiving away from the family, we were at joshs aunts and i spent the whole day moping, wishing i was at home wondering what everyone was doing that I totally missed out on thanksgiving. so make sure you have a good time.


    i don't think mom is that mad. but i can't speak for her. but it kind of sucks cause thanksgiving is at our house and its a big deal and you won't be there when practically the rest of the family will.

    maybe there is still a possibility you can stop by later in the afternoon.

    but there will be plenty of other thansgivings. I think i spent the last couple with josh's families. but thats only because christmas eve is non negotiable. so you better be home for that.

     
  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    Yes, I will be home for christmas eve. are you kidding me? how could i miss that. you're right, non-negotiable. and i'll probably be around the house around 2 i think, so i'll be able to see most people. i just miss out on the actual dinner i guess. but that sucks. what time is dinner at our house anyway, and how many people are actually going to be there?

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Alan said...

    wow... talk about starting with a bad attitude :P

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Hey, this year I'm missing Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. But for me, it's not so bad, because Laura's family is still crazy fun, kind of like our place. And I get to cook on Thanksgiving, which should be nice.

    Now if only my stupid laptop were working...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home