And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

5 Days

I am amazed. I get a 5-day weekend for the Triduum and Easter. Go Catholic school. Although, when I went to St. Kate's we only got Good Friday and Easter Monday off, not Holy Thursday. Not even the night classes. Only class I ever "skipped" was on Holy Thursday. My professor was Catholic and everything, she just didn't think it was important enough to cancel class for I guess. Which is silly. What's more important than the Triduum? Certainly not that class, I can tell you that much! It wasn't even a good class, and she was an adjunct professor. Not a very good one at that. Nice woman, bad at teaching. Ironically, without realizing it I checked out one of her books for one of my papers. I only needed it as a supplement, referential source, but once I saw the name it hit me that I had her as a professor. It's actually not the first time I've had a professor whose book I've used (not in the class itself, because profs do that a lot), so that's kind of cool. At least it would be if she had been a better teacher.

To sum up: no school (or work for that matter, since I work at a Catholic church) until Tuesday. Awesome. Even with all the research and other things I have going on, it's still nice to have 5 days of relatively stress free activity. Plus, it's finally getting nice enough to be outside without a hat and mittens, which means I can start running again! I have a few times in the past few weeks, including today, but now I'm going to be able to make it a regular activity, which makes me very happy. I've always loved running, and since I haven't done cross country for about 2 years now, I miss it a lot more than usual and can't wait to get back at it.

"I coulda been a contender."

5 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Did you see that movie?

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    Actually, not yet. I think it's on my netflix list. Normally I don't post quotes from movies I haven't seen but I had the hardest time coming up with a quote so I lamely used one from the AFI top 100 film quotes.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Gina said...

    I get five days off too! I didn't have patients yesterday and now school is closed because of water contamination!

    And we've been running too. I think we've gone 3 days this week.

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger empeterson said...

    I know--I saw your facebook status. You're probably in better shape than I am from running since you've gone more than me and are using the running stroller. I haven't even been running that far, but now that the weather is nice I will be!

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger superscalifragilisticexpealidocious said...

    Molly needs to start running too! Man I bet both of you are in better shape than me right now...and that's not a lie. I have gone three times in the last two weeks, and it's only been like 1 1/4 every time, except once...I went two miles then....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home