Not an Attorney
Just to clear up some confusion that seems to be going around regarding my blog and my brother Matt, I am not going to be a lawyer. I'm not going to law school, I have no desire to be an attorney or work in the criminal justice system in that way. Basically it doesn't appeal to me anymore (I did give it some thought a few years back) because I don't think that I would do much good. I think I would get frustrated and annoyed at all the stupid people doing stupid stuff and causing more injustice for people than justice. It's not called the criminal injustice system, yet it happens altogether too often. Not that all lawyers are scum or just in it for the money or don't care who they represent or whatever-I believe there are a lot of fine lawyers out there looking to promote justice and to help people in trouble, like Matt helping people not get unjustly evicted and such. But I don't think it's something I'd be good at, and I think I'd get completely discouraged working in the court system. It has nothing to do with law school itself but with the position. Plus I don't want to go to law school and do other stuff, although I don't really know what I'd do with it. Finally, I really want to go to grad school for philosophy (and if I can't do that then I'll go for theology probably) because I really like it, hence the reason I picked it as my major. But just so everybody knows, I'm not going to law school and I'm not going to be a lawyer.
And when the judge asked me why I did it
He threw the book at me when I told him


1 Comments:
At 6:25 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Chris Cagle-Chicks Dig It
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home