And Baby Makes Three

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Plato

I spent a good two hours straight writing a paper on the Pythagoreans and their influence on Plato. And it wasn't even the easy Pythagorean stuff, the math stuff. No, it was their philosophical teachings (obviously, since I was writing about Plato as well) some of which are just weird. I did not expect to spend so much time doing that, and now I have a headache. Oh well, that's what you get. The worst part about it is that I still have another paper that I was expecting to get done, but I didn't think the philosophy one would take more than an hour, and I still don't think the other one will take more than an hour. But really, who wants to do homework after 9 on a Saturday night? For that matter, who wants to do homework after 9 any night? Unfortunately for me, I have to write this paper by Tuesday, and Sunday, which is pretty much any college students normal day to catch up with homework and whatnot, I have cross country at 12 and I have to work for this girl since nobody else can and she has her sister in laws baby shower which she's throwing. I have never worked a Sunday in my life and I'd prefer not to, but that's how it goes. So between those two things most of my Sunday is gone. I wouldn't really care, except this professor is a really tough grader-we had to do a research proposal already, I did everything she asked and my writing didn't suck, and she gave me a 7/10. I was not happy, and now I'm worried about the rest of the class because it's a stupid required class for all St. Kate's students, the whole idea behind the class is ok but sortof lame because it ends up being the professors (and the students) just get to opinionate (is that actually a verb for that?) the entire class period and then we have to write papers like crazy because it's writing intensive. It's a justice based class, and mine is Environmental Justice which is cool in theory, except she's really opinionated and thinks animal rights goes hand in hand with environmental issues, and she's a vegetarian trying to turn everyone over to that too. We had to watch a PETA video which 1) was outdated, 2) is extremely biased, and 3) completely ignores what's good about eating meat and the fact that animals do not have rights like humans do. I don't even know why that's even a controversial issue. It's frustrating, obviously. Well, that's my rant for tonight.

Is everybody going crazy?
Is everybody going crazy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home