And Baby Makes Three

Monday, March 26, 2007

FAFSA

Doing financial aid crap sucks all the time, but it sucks worse when you're going to be married for the next school year but not by when you need to file your FAFSA. Eric and I could possibly get more money by waiting until we're married to fill it out (since you can't fill it out for what you're going to be, only what you are when you sign it) but I don't want to wait until the second half of August to figure it out. However, since Eric's financial aid package is basically non-existent right now, he's going to fill his out in August but I'm filling mine out now. Or rather, my dad is doing it. Which I feel bad about, because he already filled out Theresa and Maria's thinking I was going to do it later like Eric, but we took too long to make the decision and now he has to go change their's to say that there is one more dependend. It's just so super confusing and even more annoying. Seriously, it is so stupid, because it would be so nice if we could just fill it out now or change it after we're married or something, but you can't, because you can only fill it out once. It's ridiculous, because if you get divorced you're allowed to change it, or even if you separate. It's stupid. The reason I'm filling it out now is that I don't think I'd get that much more money if I waited, maybe a little but I'd get so stressed about waiting and then having to worry about that plus all the other details that we have to worry about in August that it's not even worth it. This way, I also know how much to take out in loans to cover what I'm not getting, and to pay for wherever we decide to live! Ah, loans. I despise them. That's life though. I know everyone else in my family has a gazillion dollars in loans too, but most of them will eventually be making a decent living. Ha, Eric's going to be a teacher and I doubt I'll ever find a job since I still have no clue what I want to do. And Matt, don't even say anything about me being a lawyer.

But not a real green dress, that's cruel

6 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    I won't say you should be a lawyer. I'll say you should be an attorney.

    And I work at Legal Services, so I don't make any real money.

     
  • At 6:19 AM , Blogger empeterson said...

    yeah well, you could. and that's my point. your career in general has potential to make a lot of money.

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    At least you're not planning to go to grad school right away and then try to make a living as a musician......ha!

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Eric Michael Peterson said...

    not a musician, but she might be going to grad school right away.

     
  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger superscalifragilisticexpealidocious said...

    mollys gotta blog now...hahahaha ok im sorry... anyway good luck with all that...and Matt emily in any sort of job like that is not a good thing...no offense emily...its just not...YOU

     
  • At 10:18 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    thank you! that's exactly how I feel about it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home