Invites
That's all I've been doing for what feels like the past week straight. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I've put over 8 hours into those invites, and that was with some help. I am a little annoyed at my family though, who I practically had to beg to help me and even then the only people who helped me were Melinda, Maria, and Molly, and each for about 20 minutes. I am very grateful for those people who helped me a lot, namely, Erica and Alan. Eric hardly even did anything because he was a baby about his handwriting. And then, when I got crabby, and said it was my first "Bridezilla" moment, everybody felt that they could make fun of me and act like my crabbiness and annoyance is no big deal. Grrr. It's really the only thing I've needed help with, and I didn't get much from the people who are supposed to help the most, my family. At least I got help though. If I hadn't had any help, the invitations probably wouldn't be ready to send out tomorrow, which they are. I spent a small fortune on stamps too. Plus I realize now that I probably should have just bought a couple hundred more for thank you's. That would have been too many, but then Eric and I would have "left-overs". Well, when we actually have to write and send out thank you's, then I'll go buy a bunch. I'm way more excited than I realized to send them out and to start getting rsvp's. I was thinking about it when I went to bed last night, and it perked me up a little. And with today 2 months until the wedding, it's a good time to get them out.
This weekend we have to cram in even more wedding plans, especially cake. We still have not gotten that taken care of, even though we planned to do it 3 weeks ago. Things just keep coming up that are either more convienent or more important, or we just haven't been around. We have to do it this weekend though, otherwise I'm worried we won't be able to have a cake! I know we'll be able to, but we need to get it taken care of otherwise it's just going to get more complicated. However, we also have multiple other things going on this weekend. Eric's birthday is Saturday; so is Dani's shower so most of the day we won't even be around. Plus Friday night we have our first meeting with our mentor couple which will be a good chunk of the evening I'm sure. I'm sortof looking forward to that, sortof nervous for it, and sortof want to to get it over with. It's taken so long for us to get it set up. I hope it goes well, and I hope we don't have to have too many meetings with them before we cover everything we're supposed to.
Countdown-2 months, or 61 days until the wedding!
I don't think that it can be done without you.
This weekend we have to cram in even more wedding plans, especially cake. We still have not gotten that taken care of, even though we planned to do it 3 weeks ago. Things just keep coming up that are either more convienent or more important, or we just haven't been around. We have to do it this weekend though, otherwise I'm worried we won't be able to have a cake! I know we'll be able to, but we need to get it taken care of otherwise it's just going to get more complicated. However, we also have multiple other things going on this weekend. Eric's birthday is Saturday; so is Dani's shower so most of the day we won't even be around. Plus Friday night we have our first meeting with our mentor couple which will be a good chunk of the evening I'm sure. I'm sortof looking forward to that, sortof nervous for it, and sortof want to to get it over with. It's taken so long for us to get it set up. I hope it goes well, and I hope we don't have to have too many meetings with them before we cover everything we're supposed to.
Countdown-2 months, or 61 days until the wedding!
I don't think that it can be done without you.


3 Comments:
At 7:05 PM ,
Gina said...
sorry for ditching on the invites. Things have been so crazy around here with us both in school again. It doesn't leave much time during the week for other things like laundry and housework so our weekends are absolutely packed. plus it was josh's first fathers day.
At 9:01 PM ,
Matthew B. Novak said...
Sorry for making fun of the Bridezilla bit. It was kind of funny though, because you were acknowledging it at the same time that you were doing it. Also, I thought you were going with Frankenbride?
At 4:19 PM ,
empeterson said...
I didn't think I was actually going with Frankenbride, I just told you that I made it up accidentally. And yes, I was acknowledging that that's what I was being. But I wasn't referring to you guys teasing me, I was referring to the next day when everyone was being a butthead about it. Things are a teeny bit better now, and we've been getting rsvp's which is exciting!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home