Addresses Galore
Yet another post about wedding plans. I think there will be a lot of those from now until the wedding. Eric and I are slightly behind on what we need to do, so we are devoting almost our entire evening this Thursday to working on getting things done. As for me, I have been working on what I can on my own, which basically comes down to getting addresses of my friends, and cousins who get their own invites. I've been doing really well-I only need a few more. Then I need to call home and get a few addresses for friends of the family, neighbors, etc. I've been working like crazy to get them all-I think I facebooked or emailed close to 2 dozen people, plus like I said I also have to call home and get some. I also printed off pictures of updos, so I'll have to put those in a safe spot to save for when I actually go do my trial run for my hair in late July/early August. Otherwise I've been thinking of what we still need to do, and stressing about things like tan lines and makeup, since I'm getting married in the middle of August, and I run, which means sports bra tanlines. Plus I have only halter swimsuits. I'm not exactly sure what to do. And with the makeup I'm completely lost. I can't even pick out my own foundation, let alone foundation that will match my tanned skin. And lipstick is another worry for me-there is red in my dress, but I don't want to try to match it, because it will look ridiculous on me. That, and I just heard that you shouldn't try to match your makeup with your dress, you should just go for an all-over beautiful, matching, glowing face. I suck at makeup. Eric thinks I should just get it done, but my lipstick would wear off throughout the day so I still need to worry about that. I know it's a trivial thing to worry about compared to things like paying for the wedding, but if the bride isn't gorgeous, the wedding is not going to be good. Oh, and I'm sortof worried about getting my dress alterations done in time (no offense to your mom Alan) so I need to call Michelle and ask if she can have it done by July 1st. I'm just worried she'll want to do something else after I get the original alterations done, plus I'm a worrier and I can NOT handle it if I get the dress the day before/of the wedding. No can do-I need it a good month or more ahead of time. So, I need to call her sometime soon.
On a positive note, my cool sister in law (Laura, in case you guys can't figure it out) called the other day to ask if I needed anything from her, which actually we sortof do, in the way of flowers. So, since she rocks at that apparantly, she is going to help Eric and I make our own flowers. Not sure exactly how to go about it, the actual making of them part (the buying them should be relatively simple I assume) so I'm putting my trust into her. If, as I've heard, she did the flowers for her own wedding (is that true?) then I am not worried. One less thing to get stressed about!
And when the sky is falling, don't look outside the window
On a positive note, my cool sister in law (Laura, in case you guys can't figure it out) called the other day to ask if I needed anything from her, which actually we sortof do, in the way of flowers. So, since she rocks at that apparantly, she is going to help Eric and I make our own flowers. Not sure exactly how to go about it, the actual making of them part (the buying them should be relatively simple I assume) so I'm putting my trust into her. If, as I've heard, she did the flowers for her own wedding (is that true?) then I am not worried. One less thing to get stressed about!
And when the sky is falling, don't look outside the window


2 Comments:
At 7:43 AM ,
Katie said...
for your makeup, i would suggest going to a department store makeup counter (such as clinique). go sometime in maybe late july, when you will be about as tan as you will be for your wedding. that way they can help find the perfect color foundation, lipstick, and anything else you want. they will also show you how to apply it. it can be a little expensive to buy their makeup, but you could always just buy one of the items they show you and then go buy the rest somewhere else once you know what colors work well for you. another thing - they will also do your makeup for "free" if you spend like $20 on their products. so if you have a little extra time the day of your wedding, you could always go to rosedale (or i don't know if ULTA in riverdale does this too??? something to check out maybe) and have your makeup done and just buy the lipstick or something...
hope this helps ease your makeup worries...
At 4:39 PM ,
Gina said...
Remember that Theresa sells Mary Kay and could maybe help you out. Otherwise Joyce Paycee did a bridal color profile for me and helped to find the right colors for my skin tone, I'm sure she'd be happy to do the same thing she did for me, and have a party with you and your friends and bridesmaids.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home