Bleh
Life is bleh. Nothing going on but stress and school and my computer went crazy but it's working finally which is good, and no new grey's anatomy tonight, and I'm alone in my room which is boring, and I have a million hours of homework that I don't want to do, I still don't have a summer job, it's not warm weather yet, I'm poor, stressed, bored with life, busy with homework, lazy and not getting anything done that I need to, my knee hurt this past week during and after hiking and cave-crawling so I have to go to the doctor and I was just here barely a week ago, everybody's lives are much more exciting and fun and better than mine, and I am not in a good mood right now. Plus I have to go write about Rousseau and read for my really really crappy theology class. Crappy time a million because I have the worst professor and everbody in the class makes me feel like if I say anything different from what they say I'm a horrible, close-minded, prejudiced and discriminatory person. I hate St. Kate's sometimes, because they're all so freaking "open-minded" that you can't be "conservative" about anything anymore because you're automatically close-minded. Freaking people.


2 Comments:
At 9:22 PM ,
Matthew B. Novak said...
First off, I love your writing style (well, you write just like you talk, so I guess I love your generic communication style). I mean, you had only 5 sentences in that post, and two of them combined consisted of only 5 words. Bravo.
Secondly, welcome to liberal academia. I get the same "you're a bigot" type responses in my classes. No seriously, I was all but called a bigot in my family class when I said that there should be civil unions but no same sex marriage. Crazy, huh? I was also told that there isn't any possible reason to be opposed to same sex marriage unless you are motivated by hatred. So lots of small minded people are out there. You just gotta do your best to vent it out, and when dealing with them do your best to make it clear that you're not a bigot. I'm not sure how to do that really. Most of them are just way too close minded. Maybe you should push them on that - ask them why they're so close minded. At very least that should take them aback for a minute or two. Sometimes, that's all the victory you can hope for.
Alternatively, you could probably punch them, or fling dead seafood at them. Sometimes, that's all the victory you can hope for.
At 9:47 PM ,
empeterson said...
Sometimes that kind of victory is the best kind.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home