And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

V-day and B-day

Two holidays are coming up. One is Valentine's Day, which Matt and Maria both really dislike(can you tell I'm using my new hyperlink skill that Matt told me how to use?). I personally think it is a bit stupid but whatever, it's just another excuse for Eric to shower me with love. Seriously, Eric likes it a lot and I don't really care for it, but it's ok because he is romantic throughout the rest of the year anyway so it isn't a big deal, and besides, I've had to work on Valentine's Day last year and I'm going to again this year, so we don't really even celebrate it on the 14th. This year we're not even doing gifts, we're just going out to dinner so that will be really nice actually. The other holiday that is coming up is my birthday, which I really think should be a national holiday. Just kidding. That wouldn't even be that fun. Seriously though, my birthday is only 3 days after Valentine's Day, and I have nothing planned. Well, I'm probably hanging out with Eric (my birthday is on a Friday this year, the 17th for those of you who don't know), which will entail spending some time at his school watching movies. How very exciting for a Friday night birthday. Oh well, I'm only turning 20, so all that means is that I'm not going to be a teenager anymore. And I'm going to act boring and adultlike and stay in and watch movies. Or something. Yay. At least my roommates rock and are taking me out for dinner on the 12th, which is 5 days before my birthday but it's one of the few nights that works for all of us, plus I'm really excited to do this with them since we haven't really done much together since I've been home except watch tv. And not even all of us together. It will be nice just to hang out with them, whether or not it's for my birthday or not. I don't even know what I want for my birthday, so I'll probably end up getting nothing. Except from Gina who apparantly already has my gift. Which rocks. Also, this has nothing to do with my birthday but we're having a party in my dorm room this Saturday, at 8, and you can all come.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger Emily Powell said...

    Ooooh can I come to your party? Oh wait..I'm going to be in Brainerd.

    Exciting that it's almost your birthday! I realized the other day that mine isn't too far off now..

    You said something about "another opportunity for Eric to shower me with love" and it reminded me of something--it has always seemed sort of unfair to me that it's usually the guys are always expected to do something for the girls on Valentine's day. Who says the girls shouldn't do something for the guys? They should show their love too..but whatever. Just one of my random thoughts... Sorry for the weird comment!

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger empeterson said...

    don't apologize-i love any kind of comment, especially from friends!

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Eric Michael Peterson said...

    i agree with emily, shower me with love... do it!

     
  • At 12:03 AM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Way to use your new toy.

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Alan said...

    you could get a chuck norris pinata for your chuck norris themed party, but you don't hit it with a stick, you have to round house kick it to break it open.

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Did you know that Chuck Norris was in Bruce Lee's movie Enter the Dragon? He played the bad guy. He looked like a hairy monkey man.

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger Alan said...

    um, did you know that it wasn't "enter the dragon" that he was in. it was "way of the dragon".

     
  • At 3:33 PM , Blogger Matthew B. Novak said...

    Really? The one with that the popular poster image of him is from? Oops, I guess I got the name wrong.

     
  • At 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i might come to your party, give me a call on saturday afternoon, and wish me luck on the ACT tomorrow.
    and your birthday should be a national holiday.
    hehe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home